1. Realistic People: people who like athletics, nature, materials, plants, animals. Simply put these are the people who like prefer activities that involve something tangible.
2. Social People: people who prefer helping people, informing, enlighten, train, development. These are people who are hell bent on changing views, or simply enjoy serving others.
3. Investigative People: people who observe, learn, investigate, analyze. The people who are always curious about everything.
4. Artistic People: people who are innovative, think outside the box, unstructured, imaginative, creative. These people enjoy activities involving ambiguous free-form to create art or a product.
5. Dramatic People: people who are controlling, nosy, assertive, sly, confrontational. These people are very egotistical and love living life vicariously through others.
You're probably saying, "what does this guy know about classifying people?". Well, let me share some of my thoughts. Now, I don't have a Google+ account, but I have seen the commercials; you've seen them too. The one's where your friends get dragged from one 'categorized' circle to another. Yeah, it may seem easy to just swipe the mouse and choose how you categorize the people you surround yourself with, but lets be honest, there is and always will be real life. So, let's just take my 5 types of people and play around with a few of my thoughts.
Where do you see yourself? Before you decide I want you to realize something -- there is no right or wrong answer to this question. Think of it as the volume slider on your iTunes player. You might not be the loudest or quietest setting of each type, but you should fall somewhere on the scale of each one. Go ahead, think about your volume level for each of the five.
Consider this next question with a deeper state of mind: What scales do you want to change?
Oh! You didn't know that you can change them?! Of course we know it might not be as easy as a mouse click, but rest assured, it's easier than you might think. You have complete control over your life. This includes who you bring into it, how often they are around, and when it's time to retire some of those older choices; the ones who no longer align with who you've become today. I'm not talking about your co-workers or your family, but about your friends, the people who you unwind with. Think about those people in your life in the present moment. Where does their volume sit?
At this point, I'm sure you're just itching to reach out and adjust some of your levels, it's something we need to do often as we grow and learn. It's as simple as this -- if you want to change your volume, you've got to make sure that you keep a balance of people in your life with the same levels. Do me a favor and don't come to any final conclusions. All I want for you is for you to be aware of your environment. Have the confidence to adjust your levels as you see fit. Your results are going to be exactly what you intend them to be, put in the work and the reward is yours.
"Surround yourself with successful people, don't feel threatened by them, challenger yourself. Because success has a mysterious way of attracting more success. Just like negativity attracts more negativity." - Lazyboy