Three powerful words that got me to thinking, "wow, what if we could always feel like? Or at least -- more often?"
Walking down the streets of Manhattan, I encounter an array of people. On my route to work, it's mostly tourists, but a majority are commuters, just like me, on their way to their desks. The look on some of these peoples faces can tell an entire story of misery and complacency. It's kinda sad. People chose not to focus on how good they really have it, but how much their situation sucks instead.
Just travel to some 2nd and 3rd world nations, and you'll see that life doesn't have to be "perfect" to be wonderful. By the way, striving for perfection is an ineffective long term strategy, because perfection doesn't exist in human form. But there are a few things that you can try to increase your joy:
- Make a list of EVERYTHING that makes you happy.
- Stay in balance. Don't do too much of one thing. So, don't be sleep deprived or don't sleep all day. Don't be a workaholic, and don't not work at all. (If you can help it)
- Forget the past! Don't be a prisoner to events that have already happened.
- Dance or sing! And you don't have to be good, either.
- Help other people. Do one cool thing for someone else each day.
- Lastly, think that something good is going to happen with your life! And say it our loud. Speak it into existence! Because language is the medium by which transformation occurs.
BE HAPPY AND ENJOY YOUR LIFE!